1. Welcome to Panama Forum, Panama's online club for visitors, investors, expats and retirees! You are currently viewing our site as a guest. By joining our free Panama community you'll be able to post topics, ask questions and communicate privately with other members. Registration is fast, simple and always free so come on in and join us today!



Sign up to remove ads

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 35

Thread: Chitre, Herrera, Panama - The Buttplug of Los Santos

  1. #1
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,308
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 287 Times in 221 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Chitre, Herrera, Panama - The Buttplug of Los Santos

    For lack of other options I have decided to rename the city of Chitre to the Buttplug of Los Santos. Here is where the Chit starts and it can only get worse the longer you move from the Panamanian version of civilization (Panama City).

    It was more of a forced road trip if anything as we needed to process a dead beat delivery guy who was fired back in November of last year for picking up passengers on his routes. He now has an attorney and wants MONEY. After 8 months of 60 cent local brews they have finally gotten to schedule the hearing. 2 attorneys, 2 reps, 2 witnesses and of course the plaintiff showed up but not the judge. Either he was so hungover that he couldn't pick up his phone or he was counting his share naked in the bathtub - odds are pointing at a combo.

    Checking into the hotel is always a breeze with threats of ACODECO reports to get the right rates. Finally we were in the rooms and I announced to everyone to not do a fkn thing until I have verified the internet (it had slipped my mind). Of course it was completely dead since they were using a special form av WPA2 Enterprise designed for safe-guarding space shuttle designs in special clearance areas. Check-out from the Versalles was 30 mins later and on to Azuero grand hotel.

    I am pretty sure the beds were pure concrete blocks with metal sheets welded up on top for added comfort. By noon internet was down so we left for some shopping.

    $5.25 for a $1.83 3-pack of extra duty Penn tennis balls summarizes the attempt to spend anything but processed oxygen.

    At least it's a lower risk of being butt raped if the buttplug is already in.

    My back problems appear to be gone.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    near pedasi
    Posts
    2,016
    Thanks
    191
    Thanked 223 Times in 185 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Chitre, Herrera, Panama - The Buttplug of Los Santos

    oh Ed , tell us hoe you really feel . chitre is a beautiful town LOL , well at least if you live down here as it beats Los Tables for shopping hands down ,

  3. #3
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,308
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 287 Times in 221 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Chitre, Herrera, Panama - The Buttplug of Los Santos

    Man, I had a blast there. I explained to the entire staff that Chitre must by the inflection point of all arbitrary space-time continuum models, while smiling broadly. They were glad that I am enjoying the town.

    The lottery salesman came into the lunch restaurant. Immediately everyone started screaming 18, 20 and other seemingly random numbers while he verified the ticket options. I suggested that he get a portable ticket printer so people can select their numbers and actually get them. The guy looked like I had torn his heart out. Apparently he is part lottery sales man, part human being and not a machine.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Array TennVol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    455
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 37 Times in 31 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Chitre, Herrera, Panama - The Buttplug of Los Santos

    Quote Originally Posted by EdBowers View Post
    For lack of other options I have decided to rename the city of Chitre to the Buttplug of Los Santos. Here is where the Chit starts and it can only get worse the longer you move from the Panamanian version of civilization (Panama City).

    It was more of a forced road trip if anything as we needed to process a dead beat delivery guy who was fired back in November of last year for picking up passengers on his routes. He now has an attorney and wants MONEY. After 8 months of 60 cent local brews they have finally gotten to schedule the hearing. 2 attorneys, 2 reps, 2 witnesses and of course the plaintiff showed up but not the judge. Either he was so hungover that he couldn't pick up his phone or he was counting his share naked in the bathtub - odds are pointing at a combo.

    Checking into the hotel is always a breeze with threats of ACODECO reports to get the right rates. Finally we were in the rooms and I announced to everyone to not do a fkn thing until I have verified the internet (it had slipped my mind). Of course it was completely dead since they were using a special form av WPA2 Enterprise designed for safe-guarding space shuttle designs in special clearance areas. Check-out from the Versalles was 30 mins later and on to Azuero grand hotel.

    I am pretty sure the beds were pure concrete blocks with metal sheet welded up on top for added comfort. By noon internet was down so we left for some shopping.

    $5.25 for a $1.83 3-pack of extra duty Penn tennis balls summarizes the attempt to spend anything but processed oxygen.

    At least it's a lower risk of being butt raped if the buttplug is already in.

    My back problems appear to be gone.
    Ed,
    Please tell me you have a travel blog and also send me the link if you do!

  5. #5
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    near pedasi
    Posts
    2,016
    Thanks
    191
    Thanked 223 Times in 185 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Chitre, Herrera, Panama - The Buttplug of Los Santos

    well if your wanting the best dinner inn town , go to the bypass road and go to the casino , well the restaurant across the parking lot , beautiful open air place with good food and service

  6. #6
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 28 Times in 21 Posts
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Chitre, Herrera, Panama - The Buttplug of Los Santos

    I understand that it's difficult for a delivery guy to drive right by friends that are walking. Could have been worse.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,308
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 287 Times in 221 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Chitre, Herrera, Panama - The Buttplug of Los Santos

    La Terrazas, as was the name, is a nicely decorated restaurant with a sufficient breeze to keep you balanced in the evening.

    They charged $6.50 for a pack of Viceroy - if I remember correct these ran you about $1.25 back in 2007, resulting in a 520 % combined inflation and convenience fee.

    The sub-standard hamburger was $7, came with mushy fries and refrigerator stored crispy bacon. A simple corvina started at $11.

    They were basically holding the cow at knife-point when we entered, so service was quite good. The service level however simply stemmed from having no other clients whatsoever.

    Will come back for lunch if Panama has a toilet paper shortage.

    Quote Originally Posted by nakedguydb View Post
    well if your wanting the best dinner inn town , go to the bypass road and go to the casino , well the restaurant across the parking lot , beautiful open air place with good food and service

  8. #8
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    near pedasi
    Posts
    2,016
    Thanks
    191
    Thanked 223 Times in 185 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Chitre, Herrera, Panama - The Buttplug of Los Santos

    well the last time I ate there it was good , about 8 months ago , but if you find a better place please post it , good places are hard to find in these parts

  9. #9
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,308
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 287 Times in 221 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Chitre, Herrera, Panama - The Buttplug of Los Santos

    I found another one. I had such a good time I had to photograph the menu translations. Here they are:

    Al termidor = Termidor Style
    Salsa Agridulce = Bittersweet Sauce
    Yuca al Moho = Mossy Yuca
    Patacones = Mashed Green Plantain
    Con Langostinos = With Growfish
    Con Almendras = With Amlonds
    Corvina = Corbina
    Pulpo = Cuttlefish
    Langostinos = Grawfish
    Estos platos los puede = RimT hese plates may be
    A La Plancha = Pressed
    Emparedados de Jamon = Jam Sandwich
    Coctel de Langostinos = Grawfish Cocktail

    To be honest, I think I will go to McDonalds from here on out. Suicide is not quite a option yet!

    The best approach might be gasoline and matches - wait and see what might rise from the ashes (if anything). First place they will probably sell smokes at $7 and wait for the insurance policy to kick in......

    Quote Originally Posted by nakedguydb View Post
    well the last time I ate there it was good , about 8 months ago , but if you find a better place please post it , good places are hard to find in these parts

  10. #10
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    near pedasi
    Posts
    2,016
    Thanks
    191
    Thanked 223 Times in 185 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Chitre, Herrera, Panama - The Buttplug of Los Santos

    Quote Originally Posted by EdBowers View Post
    I found another one. I had such a good time I had to photograph the menu translations. Here they are:

    Al termidor = Termidor Style
    Salsa Agridulce = Bittersweet Sauce
    Yuca al Moho = Mossy Yuca
    Patacones = Mashed Green Plantain
    Con Langostinos = With Growfish
    Con Almendras = With Amlonds
    Corvina = Corbina
    Pulpo = Cuttlefish
    Langostinos = Grawfish
    Estos platos los puede = RimT hese plates may be
    A La Plancha = Pressed
    Emparedados de Jamon = Jam Sandwich
    Coctel de Langostinos = Grawfish Cocktail

    To be honest, I think I will go to McDonalds from here on out. Suicide is not quite a option yet!

    The best approach might be gasoline and matches - wait and see what might rise from the ashes (if anything). First place they will probably sell smokes at $7 and wait for the insurance policy to kick in......
    well good luck there at rotten ronnies

  11. #11
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,308
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 287 Times in 221 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Chitre, Herrera, Panama - The Buttplug of Los Santos

    I missed one from the other place:

    Postres = Dessertes

    I never go to rotten ronnies, but in this case I prefer to know what I died from. I doubt the helicopter ambulance will respond positively to termidor style mossy yuca with pressed cuttlefish and growfish dessertes on a handwritten note.

    The whole episode reminds me of my late English teacher who said she had collected 57 misspellings of immediately over 25 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by nakedguydb View Post
    well good luck there at rotten ronnies

  12. #12
    Junior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Chitre, Herrera, Panama - The Buttplug of Los Santos

    Try MRWOOHOO's favourite brothel, oops, I mean restaurant in Pedasi, guaranteed to pile on the pounds.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu3v77eXVTM

    And afterwards a personal real estate tour from Kent and I focusing on wealthy grannies.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,308
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 287 Times in 221 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Chitre, Herrera, Panama - The Buttplug of Los Santos

    That movie is very good at describing what is going on. Nothing, absolutely nothing and foreigners with Unabomber personalities waiting to die or defraud plus empty overpriced shitholes to eat. Everywhere I go it reminds me of Poinciana or some other nuclear wasteland.

    I would not even consider living here to die, only as a last resort to commit suicide if somehow the San Andreas fault line mysteriously extended itself up through Oregon and sunk the entire frickin state in the Pacific.


  14. #14
    Junior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Chitre, Herrera, Panama - The Buttplug of Los Santos

    It has one redeeming feature, it saves some other place from being the armpit of Panama.

  15. #15
    Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    93
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 40 Times in 28 Posts
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Chitre, Herrera, Panama - The Buttplug of Los Santos

    I thought Colon was the armpit of Panama?

  16. #16
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    near pedasi
    Posts
    2,016
    Thanks
    191
    Thanked 223 Times in 185 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Chitre, Herrera, Panama - The Buttplug of Los Santos

    Quote Originally Posted by Gordo View Post
    I thought Colon was the armpit of Panama?
    no that is the city . a big dirty , smelly place were traffic moves at a snails pace . sidewalks so broken up there are no blind people left alive , manholes cover sold as scrap and the manholes are full of tires busted off cars . oh ya the city is a jem , black water flowing in the upscale areas like the lobby of TOC ill take quiet pedasi any day , oh did i mention you can swim in the ocean here without finding all those OH HENRY bars LOl

  17. #17
    Junior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Chitre, Herrera, Panama - The Buttplug of Los Santos

    At least in Colon there is the possibility of getting raped, mugged or shot every time you step outside. It alleviates the bonecrushing boredom.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    206
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Chitre, Herrera, Panama - The Buttplug of Los Santos

    Home run Grill across form the Stadium is the best best to eat in Chitre.

    Decent pizza place closer to Iglasia run by a Canadian guy. Memories was good but the service was slow. Frostee's will substitute soda machine juice for soda if you are buying a combo.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    near pedasi
    Posts
    2,016
    Thanks
    191
    Thanked 223 Times in 185 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Chitre, Herrera, Panama - The Buttplug of Los Santos

    Quote Originally Posted by adamruns View Post
    Home run Grill across form the Stadium is the best best to eat in Chitre.

    Decent pizza place closer to Iglasia run by a Canadian guy. Memories was good but the service was slow. Frostee's will substitute soda machine juice for soda if you are buying a combo.
    never tried the home run grill , next time in chitre , where is the pizza place ?

  20. #20
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    648
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 55 Times in 42 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Chitre, Herrera, Panama - The Buttplug of Los Santos

    A US sports grill, a Canadian pizza guy and a US franchise. You are on to something.

    Quote Originally Posted by adamruns View Post
    Home run Grill across form the Stadium is the best best to eat in Chitre.

    Decent pizza place closer to Iglasia run by a Canadian guy. Memories was good but the service was slow. Frostee's will substitute soda machine juice for soda if you are buying a combo.

  21. #21
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    206
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Chitre, Herrera, Panama - The Buttplug of Los Santos

    Quote Originally Posted by nakedguydb View Post
    never tried the home run grill , next time in chitre , where is the pizza place ?
    I would say closer to the park/church than home run grill but still by the stadium.

    It offers more than pizza but advertises pizza on the sign.

  22. #22
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    206
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Chitre, Herrera, Panama - The Buttplug of Los Santos

    Hotel Versalles and Auezro are fine as well. But may be a bit pricey for the area.

    Also El Mirador up on the hill by the mall is decent.

    Few places at the close Los Santos beach.

    Fiesta Casino seemed to offer the same food and pricing as the one in Panama City. Maybe a little cheaper.

    No other places stand out.

  23. #23
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    near pedasi
    Posts
    2,016
    Thanks
    191
    Thanked 223 Times in 185 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Chitre, Herrera, Panama - The Buttplug of Los Santos

    Quote Originally Posted by adamruns View Post
    I would say closer to the park/church than home run grill but still by the stadium.

    It offers more than pizza but advertises pizza on the sign.
    is the pizza place by the church by the big park or by the stadium , sorry i dont understand where you are trying to place the pizza place . as the big church and the stadium are not that close

  24. #24
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    206
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Chitre, Herrera, Panama - The Buttplug of Los Santos

    Quote Originally Posted by nakedguydb View Post
    is the pizza place by the church by the big park or by the stadium , sorry i dont understand where you are trying to place the pizza place . as the big church and the stadium are not that close
    \

    The best I can say is in-between. The first time I went to the pizza place was when we were walking from the HSBC for lunch.

    MY best guest looking at google maps is Avenue Obaldia. I am getting to know Chitre to the point where I will not get lost but may have to go to C first when wanting to go from A to B.

  25. #25
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    near pedasi
    Posts
    2,016
    Thanks
    191
    Thanked 223 Times in 185 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Chitre, Herrera, Panama - The Buttplug of Los Santos

    Quote Originally Posted by adamruns View Post
    \

    The best I can say is in-between. The first time I went to the pizza place was when we were walking from the HSBC for lunch.

    MY best guest looking at google maps is Avenue Obaldia. I am getting to know Chitre to the point where I will not get lost but may have to go to C first when wanting to go from A to B.
    well please next time you go take note as the hsbc is on one side of the church and the stadium on the other , maybe if you see the name and tell me i might be able to find it as i love pasta , and on that note , great chatting and off i go to the mexican place run by the french guy and his local girl , its super ,

  26. #26
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    648
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 55 Times in 42 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Chitre, Herrera, Panama - The Buttplug of Los Santos

    Maybe you guys are looking for Pizzeria Oral Coitus, or as they call it in Shitre, Orale Cuate. Let it hang and you shall find.

  27. #27
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    near pedasi
    Posts
    2,016
    Thanks
    191
    Thanked 223 Times in 185 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Chitre, Herrera, Panama - The Buttplug of Los Santos

    Quote Originally Posted by Contrail View Post
    Maybe you guys are looking for Pizzeria Oral Coitus, or as they call it in Shitre, Orale Cuate. Let it hang and you shall find.
    your just mad because McRib is only here for a short time and your car is still broken and you cant get there to enjoy your favorite meal jajaja

  28. #28
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,451
    Thanks
    177
    Thanked 124 Times in 104 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Chitre, Herrera, Panama - The Buttplug of Los Santos

    Naked you just keep pouring salt into that open car wound. I don't see how he can trust the repair in the future. The shop is obviously incompetent and the repair could fail and allow vapors to convert the car into a rolling bomb. If it explodes near TOC that would be closest "bang for the buck" those investors will ever see LOL!!!

  29. #29
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    near pedasi
    Posts
    2,016
    Thanks
    191
    Thanked 223 Times in 185 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Chitre, Herrera, Panama - The Buttplug of Los Santos

    Quote Originally Posted by fleeted View Post
    Naked you just keep pouring salt into that open car wound. I don't see how he can trust the repair in the future. The shop is obviously incompetent and the repair could fail and allow vapors to convert the car into a rolling bomb. If it explodes near TOC that would be closest "bang for the buck" those investors will ever see LOL!!!
    but if it explodes ....all the way to the moon alice , all the way to the moon .

  30. #30
    Junior Member Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Chitre, Herrera, Panama - The Buttplug of Los Santos

    We were in Chitre two weeks ago and ate at the Homerun Grill across from the stadium as it was recommended by a friend who has lived in Chitre since 1995 and the colombian steakhouse style restaurant had the best steaks we have eaten while in Panama .Of course the service is slow compared to American standards but overall the expierience was a positive one.While in Chitre we stayed at the Azuero hotel I would say probably one of the top three hotels in the area and breakfast there was up to par but again the service as in most places where we have dined was sub standard.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Chitre
    By adamruns in forum Living in Panama
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-20-2012, 08:23 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-04-2010, 06:00 PM
  3. Chitre
    By zog in forum Living in Panama
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-26-2009, 12:19 AM
  4. Chitre, In the Azuero Peninsula of Panama
    By Panama News in forum Living in Panama
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2008, 02:50 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •